Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Biding my time


Home.  Not Western Australia. Mildura.  My family home.

My daughter and I have spent the last week catching up with family and friends.  At a time when I should be rushing around organising quotes, removalists, rental agencies and so much more I feel cheeky for relaxing and enjoying the familiarity of home.

My days have involved reconnecting with family and friends, reading books (I'm surprise I remember how to) and watching with joy as my girl builds a relationship with her loved ones who are usually so far away.  She can't remember the last time she was here almost a year ago.

I realise I'm somewhat not facing reality here but it's nice to be quiet and still before, as they say, the storm.  That is, the reality of having two or so weeks to pack our house and our life in Western Australia when we return in a few weeks.

It's taken me a few days to find my bearings but I love being here again.  Although I do miss my man and my girl misses her Daddy.  Why is it that it takes being here to remember that I'm blessed with some amazing family and friends? It's not that I forget rather in the business of life and the distance from this home to our home it's easy to need reminding. 

I love my family.  I'll miss them incredibly but I know they're here...or at the end of a Skype call.

No comments:

Post a Comment