Sunday, October 9, 2011

Where should we move our young family? Saudi Arabia of course!

It has been nearly four months since my husband began the process of applying for a position in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.  I have read many blogs, completed research and spoken to expats living in KSA.  I am apprehensive about the prospect of moving with my husband and 14 month old daughter halfway across the world.  Still I am intrigued about the way of life in KSA and the experiences we will be able to have.

This is not our first move.  Six years ago we moved across Australia from Victoria to Western Australia.  At the time that move seemed difficult and challenging. I now realise it’s nothing compared to packing up our family home and moving to another country.  The differences between the east and west of Australia seem nothing now!  After living in W.A. for 6 years I find myself pronouncing it derby not darby and grouping four states and a territory into the ‘Eastern States’.  I hardly know myself these days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment